Carb cycling is the dietary approach wherein carbohydrate intake is varied and balanced in such a manner that few days will be high carb intake days and a few days will be low carb intake days. This approach is innovative, and it has many advantages as it helps for weight loss process as well as it maintains the required carb proportion in the body.
Carb cycling dietary approach requires a variety of recipes or diet plans where carbohydrates proportion will be managed in a proper way. We are delighted here to introduce you with a few of the delicious low carb recipes in this article. These low carb recipes can be practiced basically on low carb days of your carb cycle diet plan.
Low-carb egg and veggie muffins
This is just fantastic and yummy recipe with low carb proportion and gives stomach fullness and satisfaction with its filling properties. Very healthy ingredients are required for this recipe, bell pepper, spring onions, little cherry tomatoes or one normal tomato, eggs, handful spinach/ green leaves, slices cheddar, salt, and curry powder. Also, you will need a muffin mold for this recipe.
- Initially, preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F. Wash and cut the onions, pepper, and tomatoes. Take the mixture in a bowl.
- Add washed and chopped spinach to the bowl.
- Add the eggs and salt. Blend well using hand-blender. Take care to crack the eggs separately before adding.
- You can add some curry powder; hot sauce is also a good alternative.
- For ease, grease the muffin tin with oil and baking brush and pour the blended egg mixture evenly into the muffin molds.
- You can top the egg mixture with the cheese for great cheesy taste or you can even use cheese in the batter also.
- Keep the molds into the oven and bake it for 20 minutes or until tops are firm.
Healthy Zucchini Basil Green Soup
This healthy Zucchini Basil Green Soup is a tasty treat with a surprise element. It is a power-pack recipe with all flavors, the smooth texture, vegan suitability, gluten-free, and just 5 ingredients! It can be the best option for the appetizers or the main dish.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion to it and sauté till fragrant.
- Now add all the chopped zucchini and sauté little-bit. Now add the vegetable broth and salt and combine.
- Boil the soup now till the zucchini is tender.
- Now you can blend all of this to a puree. For more quantity blend it in two batches.
- You can add 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves and completely blend into the soup.
- Now pour the blended soup into the large bowl and cook it for 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust the consistency of the soup.
- Season it with salt and also black pepper powder for added taste. Serve hot for best results.
Try these recipes for adjusting your carb cycle and get the best results on low carb days of the cycle.