The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, high protein, and low-carbohydrate diet that was created to help treat a wide range of medical conditions, including epilepsy, diabetes, and PCOS in women. However, many are now using the keto diet to increase energy, banish acne, and even to shed unwanted pounds. Ketogenic diets all depend on the dieter. No person’s body is the same, everyone processes foods differently so results do vary significantly.
Here are some delicious ketogenic diet recipes for you to try out at home:
1. Keto egg muffins
Everyone has busy mornings. These simple Keto Egg Muffins are quick, simple and a great way to shake up breakfast, and make it fast. This is a low carb breakfast with high amounts of protein from the eggs with some fats from the milk. What you’ll need for this recipe is 2 finely chopped scallions, 5oz. Cooked and chopped bacon. 12 eggs, salt and pepper, and 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese. Directions include:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pan with non-stick, insertable baking cups or if using a silicone muffin pan, line it with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 12 eggs, a splash of milk, salt, and pepper. Add cheese and stir.
- Line the bottom of the muffin pan with bacon, pour egg and cheese mixture into muffin pan Top with scallions and a sprinkle of extra cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
2. Keto garlic butter salmon with asparagus
Fish are a great source of not only fats but an excellent source of protein. Salmon has a high source of protein, with high amounts of vitamin B and omega-3 fatty acids, Salmon is also a good source of potassium. The best part? This recipe is a one-pan recipe, for fast and easy prep and cleanup! What you’ll need for this recipe.
Salmon Fillets, asparagus, fresh garlic, butter, parsley, and onion powder, and one fresh lemon, sliced. Follow these directions:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray your baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Layout your Salmon fillets with one inch spacing between each fillet. Wash and trim your asparagus and lay them out on the pan, and slice the lemon and set it aside.
- Finely chop two cloves of garlic. Add garlic and one tablespoon parsley into a bowl with a tablespoon of onion powder, add one cup butter and melt. Once the garlic herb butter has been melted and mixed thoroughly, drizzle it over your Salmon and Asparagus.
- Now for the finishing touch, place your sliced lemons over the tops of the fillets and place it into the oven once preheated to bake for 12-15 Minutes.
3. Keto slow cooker pot roast
Here’s a traditional recipe. This recipe calls for chuck roast, or chuck shoulder, baby carrots, radishes, seasonings. Directions include:
- Heavily salt and pepper your meat. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Brown vegetables and meat, place into the slow cooker with broth and preferred seasonings.
- Pour beef bone broth into the slow cooker. Cover with the lid, set cooking time for slow or on some slow cookers it will say ‘low’. Do not remove the lid at any given point in time for 4-6 hours.
- After 6 hours, your delicious pot roast should be ready to eat. Bon appetit.