Damaged hair can be a result of your carelessness, sudden climate change or a wrong product that you used on your hair. To safeguard your damaged hair naturally, you can go for kitchen products itself. Be it butter, olive oil, tea, etc. These are all great for your hair. Let us look at some natural home remedies useful in treating damaged hair.
- Avocado: Avocado is a common fruit available in every household. Take a ripe avocado and mash it after removing the pit along with one egg. Avocados are rich in fiber, vitamins, nutrients, and essential fatty acids. Avocados smoothen the hair and give it a shining glow. Experts from salons who have been working with different hair textures claim that this remedy is amazing for all hair types. Leave this mask for 20 minutes and rinse it without any conditioner. It naturally conditions your hair.
- Olive oil: Moisturize your hair using this age-old remedy. Use ½ a cup of olive oil and microwave it for 30 seconds. Rub this oil on your hair and cover the oiled hair with a shower mask or plastic wrap. Cover this with a towel and keep it as a mask for 45 minutes. Shampoo and rinse it off once you bathe.
- Butter treatment: This home remedy for damaged hair is excellent for frizzy and brittle hair. Take a handful of butter and massage it on your hair. Once the massage is done, cover it with a shower cap or a plastic wrap. Keep this for half an hour and rinse off with shampoo. This method gives a glossy shine to your hair.
- Tea wash: If you want to give a natural shine to your hair, then go in for a tea rinse. First research the powder required for the hair type. For example, blondes can go for chamomile tea wash. Brunettes and black hair types can go for normal tea wash. Tea wash enhances your hair color and gives smoothness to it.
- Apple cider vinegar wash: People with flaky skin, dandruff, small psoriasis scalp, etc., can go for an apple cider vinegar mask. Take one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, two teaspoons of olive oil, and three egg whites to form a thick paste for the mask. Rub this mixture on your hair and keep this mask on for half an hour with a shower cap on it. After this, shampoo and rinse it off.
- Egg wash: Mix one whole egg and two tablespoons of plain yogurt. Rub this mixture on your hair and make a mask. The mask should be on your hair for at least 45 minutes. You can rinse it off with or without shampoo but do not forget to use a conditioner. This hair secret is one of the majorly used tricks among celebrities.
- Essential oil treatment: Essential oils like lavender, olive, jojoba, almond oil, tea tree oil are all elixirs for healthy hair. If you have thick hair then coconut oil or olive oil works. Add a few drops of lavender, tea tree or cedar oil to give an excellent smell and wait for half an hour before you wash it off.